Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 2 , Week 3 in Wuhan, China

Shots of my Broken Bag

Shots of my Broken Bag

Shots of my Broken Bag


Sunset near the Hostel

Our Dinner, piping hot.....


Decoration of the entrance of an Internet Cafe


Picture of the Interior of an Internet Cafe
I think i startled them with flash.....Sorry...


Walking around the Area outside of Campus

Roadside Stall which sells Naan-Chinese Style


Roadside Stall which sells Naan-Chinese Style
This is how its cooked....

Roadside Stall which sells Naan-Chinese Style
Finally, it is prepared...

Hwee Ping, Sasireika, Tom, me and Sebestian
What We Did

I woke up this morning, feeling very drowsy. I wanted to sleep a little bit longer, but the clock indicated that the time was past 7pm. We had to get ready for lesson which was to start at 9am. Upon getting dressed, I realized that one of my jeans had a hole. Looks like, I would have to get it sewed up, if I plan to use it anytime soon.

We left the Hostel for the Classroom at around 8.40am once the Sasireika and Hwee Ping were ready. We headed up the hill to the building. On the way up, we chatted along the way.
When we arrived at the Classroom, Mr. Ma was already present in class. We got ready for lesson by starting up our laptops and doing last minute checks on our Assignments (Lab 3 and Tutorial 3). We spent the entire hour doing Lab 3 and submitted Lab 2 to Mr. Ma. We also showed the Lab 3 to Mr. Ma as well. It certainly took me long time to understand the concepts taught in class. I do realize that I am a slow learner, but I would have keep pushing myself to work faster. I continued to go through the Program over and over again until the lesson came to an end.
Following that, we headed to Canteen 2 to have our lunch. We decided to share a meal among the four of us as it was much cheaper. We were also tired of eating the same old food over and over again. The entire meal for the 4 of us cost us around 14 Yuan. This is definitely much cheaper than buying a meal separately which usually goes up to 20-24 Yuan among the 4 of us.
After the meal, we headed back to the hostel, after buying some drinks at the nearby store. The funny thing was that Sebestian bought 2 bottles of Yogurt. He bought a huge size yogurt. I was surprised that he managed to finished, especially after a heavy meal.

We left the hostel at around 1.40pm to the classroom. On the way to the classroom, my bag strap came loose and my bag fell with a thud on the staircase. Inside, It contained my Laptop and my other books and stationery. I didn’t realize that my bag would come to such a situation too soon. Carrying on my shoulder was easier for me, given the weight of the laptop, but now, I would have to carry by hand, which is going to cause a lot of strain. I certainly felt frustrated that this had to occur at such a time, when it would be hard for me to get a bag. Guess, I would have to carry by hand for the next 4 weeks. Thankfully, the contents in the bag were not damaged.

We continued with our APPG Lesson. As we had finished our Chapter 3 and our Assignments (Lab 3 and Tutorial 3), Mr. Ma continued to cover Chapter 4 on Loops and Switches. He finished the entire chapter within a matter of an hour and a half. After that, he went through a bit of Lab 4 and asked us to complete Tutorial 4 and Lab 4, before we were to leave for Wudang Mountain over the weekend. We were dismissed at 4.30pm and headed back to our hostel. We decided to finish up most of our School Work before heading down for Dinner at around 7pm.We also had to pack for the trip to Wudang Mountain as well.

Following that we went for dinner at the Canteen 2. We met with Tom at the Canteen and ate dinner together. We talked about a lot of things ranging from Student Life in Wuhan and in China as well as his personal life. Then, we went down to the bakery to get our breakfast for the next day. Tom accompanied us as well. On the way to the Bakery, we went down to collect the battery that I ordered for my digital camera from Hankou. While opening the battery case with a penknife, as the battery was packed securely, I accidentally cut my finger, which was slightly minor. I think I frightened the owner of the shop, who kept telling me in Chinese to put on the plaster.

I eventually place the plaster on my finger and the wound healed fast as well. With Hwee Ping’s and Sebastian’s help, I was able to get a battery for my camera. Thanks to them, I need not worry about my camera failing midway of a fieldtrip. I certainly appreciate their help for what they have done.

We also met Dave, Chewy Zhi Wei, Xin Rong and the others at the Bakery as well. He apparently had a name for Dave as bakua (also known as Gossip Guy in English). That was certainly hilarious. On the way back, we came across a stall selling Naan-Chinese Style. Initially, there was pork as stuffing for the bread, but we requested from the lady, if we were able to exclude the pork from it. The lady mentioned that she would remove it from the bread. That was very nice of her. The bread was apparently excellent. It was made in the similar method as those which are usually cooked in Indian restaurants, in both Singapore and India

We went up to the room and chatted with one another till 10.30pm. We certainly had a good time, talking about different aspects of Singapore and China. We wanted to stay up late and talk a bit more, but it was getting late, and Tom had to head back to his hostel before 11pm. Tom is certainly a fun guy to be with, and a nice chap as well. He is taking time off of his schedule to accompany us in Wuhan. He is definitely a great friend indeed

We came back to tour room to continue with our Revision for the Test on APPG, next week. Furthermore, I also had to take care of my laundry as well. Life as a Foreign Student in China, or any other country is certainly not easy, but it is an experience that is extremely hard to come by. Thus, I would have to truly cherish it.

What We Think

Based on our Conversation with Tom, we were able to learn a great deal of things about the WUST and its branches, the student’s life in Wuhan, what to get and where to them as well. Not only that, we also learned of the various landmarks around in Wuhan and the popular areas in Wuchang, Hanyang and Hankou, the different cities in Wuhan. Through such interactions, we are building a stronger relationship among one another, resulting in a stronger network.












No comments:

Post a Comment