Friday, April 3, 2009

Day 3, Week 5 in Wuhan, China

The mistake has been corrected......


The mistake has been corrected......


Sasireika and Hwee Ping



Tom and Me



Wuchang Fish........A famous Delicacy in Wuhan



Different Types of Fireworks.....



Fireworks....


More Fireworks.......



This is certainly unique.....looks different, especially
in the shape of a rocket.



Our 1st Fireworks Set......Can't wait to get it started.....



The box that contained the Fireworks once it was completed.



I wonder what Sebastian is trying to do?



Lightings at the Motel


Revolving Door at the Motel
What We Did

This morning, we attended Lesson to start our revision on our Final Theory Test which was scheduled to take place in the afternoon on the 8th of April 2009. We went through the Theory Test 1 which we did in Week 3 first. As Mr. Ma went through, I realized that I made many careless mistakes. Although, we were not given our Paper, I already knew that my results would not hit the target that I was expecting before.

When he gave out the paper, I realized that I got a relatively lower grade than what I previously expected. I really felt very frustrated. No matter how hard I prepare, I am always achieving results that are not on par with the level of revision that I do. I really felt disappointed, as most of my peers achieved better grades than I had achieved.

I couldn’t keep the Test Result of my mind as all, even during Lunchtime as well. I ended up being very quiet and reserved, which certainly affected the entire mood of my group mates, but I didn’t realize that until I reached the hostel, where I was told by Sebastian that I was behaving differently. I didn’t want my bad mood to affect those around me as well as affect my upcoming assessments as well.

I headed back down to the Office to see Mr. Chua to collect the Answers for the 2nd Test Paper that was given to us, as the lesson was cancelled for Study Break for the Students.
Following that, we went up to meet Sasireika and Hwee Ping to do carry on with our Assignments as the due date was drawing soon. We continued with our IS Assignment, the report on the Transportation System in Wuhan, China. We did whatever we could, and got ready to meet Tom for Dinner at the same Fishball Restaurant, we ate earlier in the programme. We wanted to treat him for what he had done for us since, we arrived at the University. He such a good guy, as he showed us around and made us feel right at home. It was slightly cold once more, and we had to bring out our coats again.

We waited for him at the restaurant. He came slightly late as he initially went to the Fishball Restaurant to wait for us, but he later decided to go to our Hostel to find us and since, we were not there, he headed back to Fishball Restaurant again. We took our seats at the same table when we came before, and allowed Tom to order the food. He insisted that we order as well, but we told him to order instead. He ordered the Fish Balls, Wuchang Fish (The Famous Fish Item that is well known in Wuhan) and Egg as well. While eating, Tom brought up the matter of asking us to come over to his hometown in Anhui Province for a 3D2N trip. He told us that it would certainly be great fun indeed. We told him that we would have to ask Mr. Chua for permission as he had previously mentioned that we were only allowed to go out to local’s houses for a 2D1N visit only.

After Dinner, we decided to pay the bill, that was when Sasireika and Hwee Ping went to pay indirectly by making sure that Sebastian and I sat, with Tom so that he wouldn’t know anything. I think he already knew about it. When we went out, we were told by Hwee Ping that the cost of the entire Dinner of 3 Meals only 100 Yuan (in Singapore Currency would be $25, Dividing among the 5 of us, would be $5 each.) That was pretty reasonable.

On the way to the bakery, Tom decided to bring us into a fireworks shop, to try them out. When we entered the shop, we were surrounded by many types of firework materials, varying in size and design. As we decided to try out one of them, we got a 25 Yuan Fireworks Set, which contained 25 Fireworks in it. Initially, we placed it near the building, but the shop owner told us to put it at the edge of the road, not to affect the surrounding buildings.

When, Sebastian lit the firework, it took a while for it to react (especially due to the rainy weather), but suddenly; it exploded in the night sky as one shot exploded, one after another. Sasireika started yelling at every single shot that was fired, guess she was caught in the excitement. One of the shots actually entered a nearby tree as well. Thank fully, nothing bad happened.

We decided to call Mr. Chua to ask him regarding the trip to Tom’s Hometown, but initially, he mentioned that he was out of Campus and to tell him about the trip on Monday instead. As we walked a bit further away from the School towards the Bakery, we received another call from Mr. Chua telling us to come down to the Lobby of the Motel near the Campus that he was staying at in 25 minutes to talk about the trip.

We met with Mr. Chua who apparently bought pastries for us as well. He talked with Tom about the Programme he had planned for us in Anhui as well as Accommodation, Food and other essential matters. I think that Mr. Chua was certainly impresses with Tom as he looked up to him for having the confidence to come to a lecturer and speak with them about this matter. They bought talked among one another about the various places that we would be visiting as well. Well, we were extremely pleased that Mr. Chua mentioned that we can go ahead for the trip. It would certainly be a unique experience indeed.

After that, we decided to head down to the bakery to get our bread for the next day. Following that, we returned back to the hostel where Tom accompanied us to the hostel. As it was getting late, Tom took his leave and we returned to our apartments where we continued with on our IS Assignments.

What We Think

Today, I felt very disappointed with the result that I obtained, despite the amount of effort that I had placed for the revision for the Theory Test 1. I guess I would have the past behind, and take them as a learning lesson and a step to enable me to move forward.
The upcoming trip to Anhui would definitely help me and the others to explore further into China, especially in different provinces. As this is the 1st time, we are travelling to another province, we would be able to explore more of the surrounding area and understand their way of life and culture as well.

Playing fireworks in China is considered legal unlike Singapore, due to safety concerns. One can simply buy fireworks set in a shop and play with it whenever they wanted to do, even in day time as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment