Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Day 1, Week 6 in Wuhan, China

What We Did

As we slept late last night, we woke up at 10.30am in the morning. Initially, we actually woke up at around 7am but we slept longer instead. We got ready and started to continue with our assignments, for IS and APPG. Our roommates had already left for their interview with Mr. Ma. We arranged an appointment with him tomorrow instead.

We continued doing them until around 12pm and headed for lunch at Canteen 2. After Lunch, we headed back to our hostel, after finishing up the value in our cards. We had to return the Staff Card to buy our daily meals at the Canteen, to Mr. Chua in the evening, during the briefing.
We returned to our hostel and continued with our assignments. The cake that was bought for celebrating Khoon Fong’s Father’s Birthday was in our room. The girls were too full to eat the cake, so they asked us to finish it. The cake was of a mango flavor, a flavor which I didn’t like. I decided to give it a try any way. After having half of the cake, we passed the other half to the girls upstairs. After doing some work, I also focused on packing for the trip to Anhui. I was not too sure whether I should bring along my laptop as well. After all, I had much work pending as well, whereby the deadline is on Monday 11:59pm, the very night before departure.

At around 6pm, we headed out to have dinner at the restaurant outside the University. We ate Wuchang Fish, Egg and Winter melon Soup, Green Vegetables and Chicken. I ended up getting chocked on the fish several times. One bone even got stuck in my gum and it was extremely painful to remove as well.

After dinner, we headed to the bakery to get our breakfast for the next day. On the way back, we bought the Pancake Fish and went to our hostel. We went to Mr. Ma’s room for a briefing. After the briefing, we headed back to our apartment for rest and preparation for tomorrow’s interview

What We Think

We would be in Singapore within a week’s time. Time surely flies. I have mixed feelings of leaving Wuhan and back to Singapore. After all, we have been here for 5 weeks so far. I have made new friends, immersed myself into a different world and exposed myself to bigger world out there. Having been here for a long period of time, away from my mother, siblings and relatives is certainly very hard for me and them as well. I really missed them a lot and somehow would want to meet them at this very moment, but that would certainly take time. That would take a week. Till then, I guess I would have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment